I fell in love with this Jesus Saves, Bro shirt from Riley Clay Designs on Etsy (found via @modernminiresale and promptly ordered one for Declan in 12-18 months which he won’t be able to wear for a long while but I just can’t get over how cute he’s going to look waddling around in it learning to walk…I digress…) and came to learn that she sometimes sells goof up shirts like the one pictured below (@shoprileyclay on Instagram). Like I care that there’s a tiny white ink mark on the sleeve? Honey, that thing is gonna be covered in spit up in no time! Givvidame! Also, her “Embrace Messy Hair” shirt for little ladies is adorable for moms who are just keepin’ it real. Another one on my list to buy? This Man Cub shirt and the Cali Cub tee, but I’m hoping to score them second hand because they’re pricey. Oh boy am I in trouble if Mumbles is reading all this….
Ain’t Nobody Got Time for That Tee via Riley Clay Designs @shoprileyclay on Instagram
It’s probably not a surprise that I went crazy on the after Christmas sales at BabyGap.com (puhlease, I don’t leave the house anymore. Remember this disaster?) and JC Penney. JC Penney??? Yes: JC Penney. That Joe Fresh line has too much good stuff, I tell ya! With the exception of the top gray sweater (H&M) and the white and blue pullover (from an Instagram shop), everything in the photo below is Joe Fresh. That red & black buffalo check coat? $12. For realsies.
Other favorite brands to shop for baby are Peek, Prefresh, Sovereign Code (all available at Nordy’s), H&M and Zara — those gosh darn leggings are just toooo good! The J.Crew baby line is growing slowly but it’s still too expensive.
Where are your favorite places to shop for the bambinos? Find more of my favorite little man styles on Pinterest.
P.S. What are your thoughts on Freshly Picked moccasins? I know, I know. They’re totally adorable and chic. But, come on! They’re $60! I want this pair but I just can’t knowing Declan will only be in them for like 15 minutes and then he’ll grow out of them. I’ll probably cave and get him a pair for Christmas this year. What do you think? Have ’em? Love ’em?
My haul from @whatoliverwears on Instagram
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen that sometimes I go a little crazy buying clothes for Declan. Aaaand if you read my post about Poshmark perhaps you’ve noticed that I like finding ways to shop without having to actually go shopping (more on my weekend mall shopping disaster later this week)…so now, I introduce to you: Instagram shops! Mamas out there are cleverly selling their gently used baby and toddler clothes (and sometimes stuff still in tags that they forgot about or didn’t fit!). Genius. Plus, it makes couch shopping so easy, because — let’s be real — you’re checking Instagram like every hour anyway, right?
Here are a few of my favorite Instagram shops for baby clothes:
@modernminiresale‘s son Decker is so stylish.
@shopwrightbros will start posting once she gets to 300 followers.
@olliepopshop puts together the cutest outfit ensembles that you can buy as a bundle. Gotta be real quick, though!
If you’re looking for more shops to follow (because clearly I’m more interested in boy items and maybe you aren’t), you’ll notice that mamas on Instagram know to help others is to help themselves and they often cross-promote each other’s shops by re-gramming swoon-worthy outfits and such (a “share for share,” if you will). So, it makes it easy to find more shops to follow if you’re looking to go overboard like me.
Sound fun and want to get started? It’s easy peasy. Just get set up through PayPal and be the first to comment on an item with your PayPal email address to win. Let me be the first to warn you, though, sometimes the competition is fierce. Like crazy fierce. So start doing thumb exercises. I’m tellin’ ya, quick fingers is the key! Here are some other tips for Instagram shopping:
- Take note of the size of the item and price, and whether or not it includes shipping.
- Most sellers will give you a discount if you bundle multiple items into one order and sometimes will take off $1 or more if you share their post on your feed, alerting your followers to their sale (they’ll announce this if they do).
- While some items go very quickly – like, less than one second after it’s posted – other items don’t sell as quickly. In these cases, it’s totally appropriate to make an offer to a seller. Leave your email address and your offer and see what they say. Just don’t be a jerk about it.
- Be a backup! If you see that someone has already beat you to an item, you can still leave your email address as a backup in case the other buyer falls through. You never know!
- If you have a questions about an item, leave your email address first and then the question in a separate comment since it will likely take you longer to type it out. The seller should honor you as the winner and answer your question later on after they’re done posting. If you decide to pass on the item, let the seller know promptly so it can go to the backup.
- When a shop seller gives warning that they’ll be posting soon, take a minute to type out your PayPal email address and copy it so when something you want pops up in your feed (refresh refresh refresh!), you can simply press paste to claim your victory.
Do you have any favorite Instagram shops?
Nothing. Nothing is cuter than baby clothes. I never thought I’d like shopping for anyone more than myself but BFOTB (I guess that makes me the BFOTBM now: Best Friend of the Baby Mama) is expecting a gorgeous (I know she will be!) bundle of joy next week (!) and I am already smitten. To top it all off, Mumbles’s brother and his wife are also expecting, so needless to say, I’m obsessed with darling baby fashions in anticipation of these love bugs. Check out some of the styles I’m coveting…
Darling ruffled, striped bathing suit (check out the back!) for beach days:
How about this precious bow? (they also have a onesie with glasses, a bow tie, mustache and more for young dapper dudes)
Because BFOTB and I are quite proud of a strong bond between us: a mutual love of Harry Potter, this one seems appropriate:
These bloomers? Beachy chic! I can’t even stand how adorable they are.
And for fall and winter, this sweater is so darling, I’d wear it. It even comes with a matching hat!
This fair isle hat with tassels has a bit more girly pizzazz:
Per usual, I’m getting way ahead of myself and already perusing the 1-5 year old section. But seriously, how cute is this new collection from Baby Gap? You can’t blame me. It’s just too much fabulous in one tiny package.
Where do you find the best fashion finds for babies? My favorite local online retailer, Ruche, recently launched a baby line — swoon! For more (p)inspiration, visit my Baby Love Pinterest board.