If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably seen that sometimes I go a little crazy buying clothes for Declan. Aaaand if you read my post about Poshmark perhaps you’ve noticed that I like finding ways to shop without having to actually go shopping (more on my weekend mall shopping disaster later this week)…so now, I introduce to you: Instagram shops! Mamas out there are cleverly selling their gently used baby and toddler clothes (and sometimes stuff still in tags that they forgot about or didn’t fit!). Genius. Plus, it makes couch shopping so easy, because — let’s be real — you’re checking Instagram like every hour anyway, right?
Here are a few of my favorite Instagram shops for baby clothes:
@modernminiresale‘s son Decker is so stylish.
@shopwrightbros will start posting once she gets to 300 followers.
@olliepopshop puts together the cutest outfit ensembles that you can buy as a bundle. Gotta be real quick, though!
If you’re looking for more shops to follow (because clearly I’m more interested in boy items and maybe you aren’t), you’ll notice that mamas on Instagram know to help others is to help themselves and they often cross-promote each other’s shops by re-gramming swoon-worthy outfits and such (a “share for share,” if you will). So, it makes it easy to find more shops to follow if you’re looking to go overboard like me.
Sound fun and want to get started? It’s easy peasy. Just get set up through PayPal and be the first to comment on an item with your PayPal email address to win. Let me be the first to warn you, though, sometimes the competition is fierce. Like crazy fierce. So start doing thumb exercises. I’m tellin’ ya, quick fingers is the key! Here are some other tips for Instagram shopping:
- Take note of the size of the item and price, and whether or not it includes shipping.
- Most sellers will give you a discount if you bundle multiple items into one order and sometimes will take off $1 or more if you share their post on your feed, alerting your followers to their sale (they’ll announce this if they do).
- While some items go very quickly – like, less than one second after it’s posted – other items don’t sell as quickly. In these cases, it’s totally appropriate to make an offer to a seller. Leave your email address and your offer and see what they say. Just don’t be a jerk about it.
- Be a backup! If you see that someone has already beat you to an item, you can still leave your email address as a backup in case the other buyer falls through. You never know!
- If you have a questions about an item, leave your email address first and then the question in a separate comment since it will likely take you longer to type it out. The seller should honor you as the winner and answer your question later on after they’re done posting. If you decide to pass on the item, let the seller know promptly so it can go to the backup.
- When a shop seller gives warning that they’ll be posting soon, take a minute to type out your PayPal email address and copy it so when something you want pops up in your feed (refresh refresh refresh!), you can simply press paste to claim your victory.
Do you have any favorite Instagram shops?
11 thoughts on “Instagram Shops for Baby Clothes (& How it All Works)”
Pingback: Where to Buy Baby Clothes | Stick Girl JAM
Pingback: Baby Moccasin Roundup | Stick Girl JAM
Hello all I just wanted to share my Instagram shop called @3littlepigscloset
I have name brand kids clothes gently used that I’m selling.
Please follow me and see what all I have.
Thanks for stopping by to share, Beth!
Thanks for letting me share
Great article. I have gently worn twin boys clothes (some double of the same item for twins and some not) I am looking to sell as soon as I hit 300 followers. Please follow me at aprillee83_
I lOVE instagram shopping. I’ve been on there for a year, check me out 🙂 @riversroom
I sell amazingly priced new children’s clothing and custom pacifier clips on Instagram @logans_petite_boutique
I sell on FB groups and ebay but am going to try my hand at IG now! my shop is @littletykescloset3
Good Afternoon Mommy from NY, Great info , I have also just started my Little Mommy Instagram shop with my childrens preloved gently used children & Mommy Clothes, Maternity Clothes, Baby gear, Children books & Toys, Diaper Cakes & More @jshabbycloset. Have a wonderful weekend! again great Blog.
I’m pregnant with a boy and trying to sell some of my daughter’s nicest clothes on instagram! Please check me out! @shopcleanline