Hi, friends! I hope you’re enjoying this Christmas and celebrating with special people in your life. I’ve been listening to this Christmas Party Playlist from last year on repeat so thought I’d share it again in case you’re looking for some last-minute Christmas music. Don’t forget my new favorite Christmas tune from Grace Potter and take a few moments to watch the incredible stomp-style performance of Little Drummer Boy below — it’s one of my absolute favorites!
Christmas Party Playlist
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas She & Him
- No Christmas for Me Zee Avi
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Jack Johnson
- Santa Baby Kellie Pickler
- All I Want for Christmas Matt Costa
- Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree Brenda Lee
- Let It Be Christmas Alan Jackson
- All I Want for Christmas Is You Mariah Carey
- Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Dean Martin
- How Great Thou Art Carrie Underwood
Also, I really wanted to share this video from Saddleback Church. Mumbles and I saw this performed live at church a few years ago – it gave me chills to watch and hear and sing and I feel the same way everytime I watch it now (which is often). I love the stillness and innocence of the song paired with the stomp-style dramatic rhythym. Please enjoy Little Drummer Boy:
From my family to yours: Merry Christmas!
Whenever I’m in the mood for crafting or doing something creative I usually like to be watching tv or listening to music, and since I love crafting so much, the music usually needs to be something upbeat and cheery. Here are some of the songs I’ve been singing along to while wrapping gifts whenever I’ve need a short break from Christmas carols:
1. “New Soul” by Yael Naim
2. “Only Prettier” by Miranda Lambert
3. “1234” by Feist
4. “King of Anything” by Sara Bareilles
5. “Be OK” by Ingrid Michaelson
6. “Beating My Heart” by Jon McLaughlin
7. “Shake It Out” by Florence + The Machine
8. “Soldier” by Gavin DeGraw
9. “Our Song” by Taylor Swift
10. “Love You I Do” from Dreamgirls
11. “The Show” by Lenka
12. “Anyone Else But You” by The Moldy Peaches
Do you listen to music to spark creativity? What songs do you like to sing along to?
Local Natives – Hummingbird
Maybe you’re a lucky person and you scored tickets to one of the LA shows that the Local Natives are playing in January to release their new album, Hummingbird, before they sold out in like 10 seconds. Twice. I am not so lucky, unfortunately. Nevertheless, I listen to their album Gorilla Manor quite often so I’m excited for some new tunes from these fellas. Click here to buy their song “Breakers” off the new album, check out the music video below, like them on Facebook for more updates, and visit their site to see if you’re a lucky one and can catch a live show.
Have you seen Local Natives perform live? Do you have a favorite song?
In honor of our holiday trip to Hawaii (yay!), I’ve been building up my Beach playlist despite the fact that it’s December. Here are a few of my favorites from the playlist…anything you’d add?
- Anything and everything by Jack Johnson. (He appears like this on a few of my music obsession lists…what can I say? I love me some Jack!)
- “El Cerrito Place” + “No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem” by Kenny Chesney
- “And the Birds Sing” + “Sea Breeze” by Tyrone Wells
- “Brighter Than the Sun” by Colbie Caillat
- “God Only Knows” by The Beach Boys (this is my favorite because it reminds me of Love Actually!)
- “I’m Like a Bird” by Nelly Furtado
- “Little Talks” by Of Monsters and Men (maybe because there is a beach photo on the album cover?)
- “Sittin’ on the Dock of the Bay” by Otis Redding
- “Shadow Days” by John Mayer
- “Sea of Love” by Cat Power (from her Covers Record…more covers here)
- “Everlong” by The Foo Fighters — one of my all-time favorites.
- “3 AM” by Matchbox 20 (seriously.)
- “Paperweight” by Joshua Radin & Schuyler Fisk — probably could have also made it to my duets list, I love it so.
- “The Girl” by City & Colour — I discovered this one during an episode of One Tree Hill believe it or not. well, actually, do; because it’s true.
- “Pink Moon” by Nick Drake
- “Lights” by Ellie Goulding — she performs this beautifully! Watch the video below (via Ryan Seacrest).
- Pretty much anything by Jack Johnson.
You probably know that I love Tyrone Wells. He does great acoustic performances and his album Close: Live at McClain’s is a compilation of some of the live songs recorded in an awesome little coffee shop in Downtown Fullerton called McClain’s, hence the title.
Do you have a favorite acoustic song?