Our nameless new dog quickly stole our hearts and our household is forever changed. I’m routinely getting up early for walks, talking to the dog like he’s a person, and the matter of canine bathroom behavior is a regular topic of conversation. Definitely gearing up for parenthood, I’d say, and a whole new level of connection with my dear Daddy who really quite seriously treats his two pups like toddlers. It’s adorable and makes you want to roll your eyes all at the same time. And now I’m one of those people, too.
So, now our happy house is home to three, including our darling, mischevious pupster, Baxter. Here’s what we know so far about Baxter:
- likes to make chase after bunnies and birds.
- aforementioned behavior has given us quite the scare a few times over, as we believe Baxter to be a runner.
- because of above point, Baxter is now microchipped.
- looks way better shaggy than he does groomed.
- does not understand “sit,” “stay,” “come,” or any other regular dog command.
- also, much to our disappointment, does not understand Spanish.
- favorite ways to be entertained: running up and down stairs, chewing toys, stealing towels, pawing away at a rolls of toilet paper, eating toilet paper, pulling trash out of trash cans, army crawling across grass, watching traffic go by.
5 thoughts on “Meet Baxter”
this list reminds me of GG… when Lorelai had a list of things Paul Anka didn’t like / needed in order to do normal doggy things. hehe.
Oooooooh, my goodness Jen! He is too cute. Congratulations on your new, furry bundle of joy 🙂 #Baxter
Pingback: Meet Jane « Stick Girl JAM
Pingback: Baxter — the last three months | Stick Girl JAM
Pingback: Stay Classy | Stick Girl JAM